|“||I am known as the Asher. The One who is Blessed. I am the Guardian of Souls and the Primal God of Common Men and Endings. I am Nyktos, the ruler of the Shadowlands, the Primal of Death.||”|
–Nyktos, A Shadow in the Ember
Nyktos is often described to be thoughtful, grounded, honourable, methodical and trusting.
Nyktos is described as incredibly tall and muscular with thick, wavy, red-brown hair, and eyes that glow silver with eather. His skin is a lustrous, golden-brown color. His cheekbones are high and broad, his nose straight as a blade and his mouth full and wide. He also wears a silver band around his right biceps.
Powers & Abilities
- Empathy: Like his Granddaughter, Penellaphe Balfour, Nyktos is gifted with the power of empathy, allowing him to reach out and feel emotions in people. In A Shadow in the Ember, Nyktos told Seraphena this gift comes from his mother's side.
- Shifting: Nyktos is able to shift into the form of a white wolf.
- According to Reaver, Nyktos doesn't have a last name.
- Nyktos is represented as a father and has an affiliation with the night, moonlight, and the wolven. He often turns the day sky into dark in order to signal his sign of approval (which was seen at Poppy's and Casteel Da'Neer's wedding).
- Nyktos is related to Poppy (grandfather/granddaughter), as she is one of two last living descendants.